The 40th Legislature is proud of the things they accomplished on behalf of students during 2016-2017.
• Negotiated the installation of a 24-hour ATM (coming Summer 2017), allowing residential students a safe on-campus environment to process financial transactions. The ATM is surcharge-free and did not require any institutional funds. Lastly, the ATM will be located in the library between the study quad and the silent quad.
• Extended late-night food hours/selections to reduce wait time and increase variety.
• Instituted a program: “Recipe from Home” allowing students to choose a new recipe to be added to the meal rotation cycle for the Spring Semester. Based on this program’s success, dining services implemented three additional student recipes.
• Successfully lobbied to restore the 32 bus stop location on campus for students when NFTA removed the bus stop due to bridge construction.
• Fought against stringent newly imposed regulations on USG Organizations
• Advocated against reverse housing priority which led to significant media coverage and an official investigation.
• Mandated a policy for the Sports Arena to respond within two business days whenever they receive an event request from a USG organization.
• Provided additional funds to USG organizations.
• Canceled automatic renewal within Bengal Connect contract to allow the next legislation the opportunity to change software platforms.
• Secured funding for a second Reddy Bike share rack on campus after the first rack out-performed the Canal Side location. Also, successfully collaborated with the institution to match our contribution. In total, three Reddy Bikeshare racks will be added for the next academic year.
• Secured funding for one tree in support of the Arboretum project – an initiative to help beautify Buffalo State campus.
• Mandated representation in the USG Senate for commuter students.
• In addition to selling postage stamps, USG office now sells envelopes.
Back to Top